You know all those New Year’s resolutions that you make and never end up keeping? Well, if you’ve made a resolution about increasing home efficiency, our experts can make this one easy for you to achieve!
How Energy Efficiency Improves Home Comfort
As you are likely aware, improved energy efficiency in your East Bay home helps keep you save money and preserve your household budget; plus, it also helps preserve the environment for future generations. Perhaps less obvious is that improving home efficiency—by beefing up insulation, using the most efficient heating and cooling equipment, and more—also improves your home comfort.
When your Dublin-area home’s envelope is well sealed and efficient HVAC equipment is in use, your home comfort system easily maintains consistent temperatures throughout your home. You’ll avoid issues like rooms that are always too warm (or never warm enough). You’ll avoid spikes in energy bills when summer hits. In fact, an energy-efficient home offers so many benefits that it’s well worthwhile for most East Bay homeowners.
How to Increase Energy Efficiency in Your East Bay Home
With just a minor investment, such as a home energy audit, our HVAC experts can inspect your home and let you know which areas could use an energy efficiency boost. We’ll give you a prioritized list of any recommended home energy improvements so that you can complete the tasks that give you the most bang for your buck first. We’ll also be able to handle most of the items on the list for you whenever you’re ready to move forward.
Energy efficiency home improvements could include:
- Fixing energy-wasting air leaks and uncomfortable drafts (leaks around doors, windows, electrical outlets, plumbing wall penetrations and more) with caulk and weatherstripping.
- Installing energy-efficient windows to help keep your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Adding insulation in key areas, such as the attic, so your attic doesn’t overheat your home in the summer. This also keeps heated air inside in the winter without allowing it to rise into the attic.
- Changing AC filters more often to allow ease of airflow from your AC or furnace, so the system need not work so hard to push conditioned air into your Dublin home.
- Using a programmable thermostat or smart home system to automatically and/or remotely control when your HVAC system turns on and off.
- Sealing air ducts to prevent conditioned air leakage. Leaky ducts can waste up to one-third of the energy being used to heat or cool your home.
- Creating a zoned duct system so that you can easily heat and cool only the areas of the house you’re using at any given time.
- Scheduling regular seasonal maintenance to ensure AC and heating systems always run at peak efficiency. This also helps your HVAC system avoid breakdowns or major repairs and extends the life of your heating and cooling equipment, delaying the need for replacement.
- Replacing furnace and AC systems with more energy-efficient models if your system is more than 10 years old. Today’s systems are so much more efficient that they begin paying for themselves almost immediately in lower energy bills.
- And more!
Improve Home Energy Efficiency in 2018 with Moore Mechanical in Dublin, CA
At Moore Mechanical, we’re ready to help your New Year’s resolutions come true. With just a phone call we can assess your East Bay home’s needs and get energy-efficient repairs or upgrades in motion. For your non-energy-related resolutions, well…you’re on your own there!
If you’d like to schedule a home energy audit, contact Moore Mechanical online or call [hls_phone_number] today!