Hot Water Heater Repair in East Bay CA
When you need water heater repair in the East Bay area, call Moore Mechanical. Our repairs are guaranteed—and we service water heaters of every make and model.
Your family doesn’t have to suffer without hot water! Call us for service at 925-307-6479 and we’ll get your showers and appliances flowing with perfectly heated water again.
Gas Water Heater Repair
Gas water heaters can have very particular problems. Some of the most common gas water heater repair issues include:
- Not producing hot water– When your water heater stops producing hot water, it’s most likely caused by a problem with the pilot light, the pilot control valve, or the gas thermocouple. The thermocouple works with the gas pilot to help ignite the natural gas to heat your water.
- Producing water that isn’t hot enough or doesn’t stay hot long enough– Water that goes from hot to cool or is just lukewarm may indicate gas supply or control problems. It could also be that the dip tube (which sends cold water to the bottom of the tank) is broken. Or it may be that the hot and cold water connections crossed during installation.
- “Rusty” water – Corrosion has most likely formed inside the tank’s glass liner. Or the anode rod—an aluminum or magnesium rod that slowly dissolves into the tank to prevent corrosion—may be failing.
- Smelly water – A “rotten egg” smell is most often caused by bacteria forming in the tank’s built-up sediment.
- Water heater is rumbling or banging– The bottom of the tank may be overheating due to sediment buildup, causing the water to boil, which can make loud noises.
- Water heater leaking– If you notice water leaking around the bottom of your water heater, it can mean that the temperature-and-relief valve may be damaged, or there is a leak from the tank or a plumbing connection.
Whatever the problem is, call Moore Mechanical for East Bay gas water heater repair and we’ll come check it out!
Electric Water Heater Repair
Electric water heaters break down much the same as gas water heaters, but the causes can be different. Below is a list of some typical electric water heater problems.
- Electric water heater isn’t producing hot water– A broken thermostat or malfunctioning upper heating element are most likely the cause of a hot water loss.
- The water never gets hot enough or doesn’t stay hot long enough– The electric water heater’s upper and lower elements may be worn out.
- The water is too hot– Your heater’s thermostat is probably turned up too high. Make sure it is set between 110 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. If the water is still too hot, the thermostat is likely broken.
- “Rusty” or discolored water – Just like in a gas water heater, corrosion has probably formed inside the tank or the anode rod is failing.
- High-pitched, “whining” noise coming from the water heater – A layer of scale has likely built up on the electric heating elements.
- Rumbling or banging noises– Just like in a gas water heater, built-up sediment is overheating the bottom of the tank, causing the water to boil.
- The water is giving off a foul odor – That “rotten egg” smell is usually caused by bacteria forming in the tank’s built-up sediment.
Tankless Water Heater Repair
Tankless, or “on-demand,” water heaters are efficient and compact, making them highly valued by homeowners looking to save water and energy. But like any household appliance, they can have issues, including:
Mineral buildup –Hard water can cause calcium mineral buildup. A water softener or scale filter will usually keep the buildup from happening.
Combustion shutdown – Venting is a critical element when installing a tankless water heater. Incorrect installation, or venting tubes that are too long, may result in poor ventilation and shutdown.
Contact us for tankless water heater repair in the East Bay.
Our Water Heater Repair Process
- Schedule the best time possible to fit your schedule (morning or afternoon). Early morning, late evening and Saturday appointments are available upon request.
- Upon arrival, our friendly NATE Certified technician will discuss the problems you are experiencing and explain the steps he will take to diagnose the problem.
- Once the problem is discovered, our technician will discuss your repair options and costs for those repairs. Remember…all repairs are guaranteed to stay repaired for a full year!
- In the event that your system needs a more extensive repair, our technicians are ready to provide you with a written repair quote or discuss equipment replacement options.
Our Techs are NATE-Certified
What does NATE-certified mean? NATE (North American Technician Excellence) is the nation’s largest independent, third-party non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians. NATE-certified technicians like the ones at Moore Mechanical are skilled professionals who have proven their industry knowledge by passing specialized NATE certification tests.
Unlike with most companies, our NATE Certified technicians are trained to look at the system as a whole, not just the immediate problem. We are then able to let you know what the repairs are and offer suggestions to make your system run better and more efficiently, a benefit our customers greatly appreciate. Our trucks are well equipped to repair any brand air conditioning system you may have.
Why Choose Moore Mechanical for Water Heater Repair?
With our thirty-plus years in the HVAC business, combined with continual training in technical and operational advances, we are one of the most knowledgeable heating and cooling companies in the East Bay—and we combine that expertise with remarkable customer service.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll get thorough and precise installation, service, and repairs– We promise outstanding quality in every job we do.
- You’ll get fast, reliable service– We know that service is important to you—it’s priority number one for us. Your tech will be prompt and courteous and treat your home with respect.
- You’ll get an honest opinion– We will never pressure you into getting a service or installation you don’t need. We’ll perform an accurate assessment and let you know what needs to be done and offer a range of options with information on each one.
- You’ll get education– We want you to understand what’s going on with your system and the best way to fix it or improve it. And we’ll show you ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- You won’t be overcharged – We charge what is fair and reasonable every time.
And the best part is: all repairs are guaranteed in writing to stay repaired for a full year!