Home Energy Audits in Dublin, CA
A home energy audit can show you where your home is leaking energy—and money. Moore Mechanical is the only Carrier Energy Expert in the East Bay area. We have the skills and knowledge to properly assess your home’s performance in regards to its comfort, efficiency, and safety.
As a homeowner, you gain the knowledge needed to determine what efficiency and comfort upgrades make the most sense for you, your family, and your budget.
If you need a home energy audit in Dublin, Brentwood, or Fremont, CA, contact us online or call 925-307-6479 today!
What Does a Home Energy Audit Include?
Your Carrier 360 whole-home energy audit is rolled out in six steps:
- Inspection – We look at every aspect of your energy use. We’ll go through your past energy bills with you, discuss any concerns, and ask questions about your needs and lifestyle. Next, we’ll inspect your heating and cooling equipment, water heater, ductwork, insulation, and do several safety checks, including measuring carbon monoxide levels and checking for gas leaks.
- Testing – This is where it gets interesting! Your Moore Mechanical home energy expert will perform a series of tests (determined by the results of your inspection) with advanced-level equipment that can include a thermal imaging camera, blower door system, static pressure gauge, duct blaster, and flow hood.
- Analysis – Your Carrier energy expert will use special software to analyze the findings of your inspection along with the results of the testing to determine the best solutions to energy loss and energy efficiency problems in your home. In addition, we’ll do a cost-benefit analysis to help you understand which improvements will give you the best return on investment.
- Recommendations – You’ll get a thoughtfully compiled list of suggestions—in order of priority—so that you can decide which actions and upgrades you want to implement first.
- Resolution – Once you’ve made your decision (with no hard sell from us—guaranteed!), you can count on Moore Mechanical to expertly install any new equipment and apply any additional changes you want made to increase the comfort level in your home.
- Results – After your Carrier 360 home energy audit is complete, you get to sit back and enjoy the results! Long-term energy savings and greater home comfort are our goals for every customer—and we will make sure they are met!
Why Do a Home Energy Audit?
Imagine knowing that money was falling out of your wallet—but you didn’t know how or where. Would you want someone to find out for you? Doing a home energy audit is very similar! Heat and cool can flow right out of leaks in window seals, doorways, walls, chimneys, and more. Your heating and cooling equipment may not be sized correctly for your home—or may be too old to regulate the temperature in your home efficiently.
A Carrier 360 home energy audit offers a range of benefits:
- Long-term money savings – When you identify and solve the energy loss problems in your home, your heating and cooling systems will run more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bills over time.
- Optimized home comfort – Forget the cold spots, drafts, and overheated rooms—your home energy audit can identify what’s causing these issues and show you how to fix them.
- Opportunities for home improvement – Home energy audits often reveal hidden structural problems, ventilation issues, and other repairs that need to be made.
- Increased resale value and marketability of your home – Decreasing your energy costs can increase your home’s resale value—and a Carrier 360 home energy audit is a great marketing tool!
Learn more about what a home energy audit does from the U.S. Department of Energy.
Get a Carrier 360 Home Energy Audit in Dublin, Brentwood, or Fremont, CA
See where you can save energy and money with a home energy audit in the East Bay area! Moore Mechanical will be happy to help.
Contact Moore Mechanical or call us at 925-307-6479 to schedule your home energy audit in Dublin, Brentwood, or Fremont today!
Our World Has Evolved—Your House Hasn’t
If we were to stand in a home kitchen 100 years ago, we wouldn’t be able to make dinner, because there would be no gas or electricity. If your house was built in the 1930s or 1940s, it’s likely that not much thought was given to the comforts of good insulation. Houses built in the 1960s might have central heating, but the programmable thermostat came much later. It wasn’t until the 1980s that California began transforming the way homes were designed and built to make them more comfortable and energy-efficient.
Today, most homes are filled with modern conveniences such as a washer and dryer, refrigerator, furnace, maybe a cappuccino maker, and certainly multiple electronic devices. But if your house was built before 1980, it probably was not designed to accommodate all those modern uses. Even if it was built after 1980, it’s likely not benefiting from the new technologies that have improved energy efficiency in the past few decades.
It’s time to evolve your house with an energy upgrade that will make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient—and save you money. Contact us online or call 925-307-6479 today for a home energy audit in the East Bay!