Whether you are enjoying a quiet holiday or you are planning on hosting the whole family, staying warm and comfortable during the holidays is important. The question is, how do you stay comfortable and save money at the same time?
Heating your home can seem like a huge expense; these tips from the experts at Moore Mechanical can help you to save this holiday season.
How to Stay Comfortable and Save Money this Holiday Season
Here are some simple things you can do to help you save money when heating your home.
- Change the Filter – If you have a dirty or worn out filter inside your furnace this will impact how efficiently and effectively your furnace heats your home. Change your furnace out now and then again in 2-3 months.
- Maintenance Is Key – Having your furnace maintained is a good way to make sure your system is at its best. If you haven’t already had your furnace maintained since last winter now is the time.
- Program It – If you don’t have a programmable furnace, it may be time to get one. A programmable furnace can help you save money by allowing you to turn your furnace down at certain times of the day. When no one is home, turn it down a few degrees or maybe you like to sleep in a cooler house. In this case, have the temperature change at bedtime so you are not heating the home while you are cozy in your bed.
- Reverse the Fans – Reversing your fans can help push that heated air that tends to escape out the roof back into your home.
- Open and Close the Curtains – To assist in warming up your home, open up any curtains and blinds on windows where the sun shines in. Let the sun naturally warm your home during the day then keep the blinds and curtains closed once the sun sets to keep the warmth in.
- Humidity Levels – The humidity levels in your home can make a big difference. When the humidity levels are right your home will feel more comfortable allowing you to turn the furnace down a few degrees. If the air in your home is too dry or it feels like a rainforest, installing a humidifier/dehumidifier system in your home can help.
- Upgrade It – If your furnace is older than 15 years it may be time for an upgrade. If you have noticed that your current system just can’t keep your home comfortable or your energy costs have skyrocketed it may be time for a new system.
Helping You Stay Warm this Holiday Season
If you would like help staying warm this holiday season while saving some money the team at Moore Mechanical can help. We offer a range of services from maintaining your current system to helping you upgrade to an energy efficient system.
Contact us today at Moore Mechanical and enjoy your holiday season without breaking the bank.