Furnace Repair in Dublin, CA & the East Bay
When you need furnace repair in Dublin or the East Bay area, count on the family-owned company that’s been keeping local homes comfortable since 1985: Moore Mechanical. We provide prompt, reliable furnace repair and service.
Emergency Furnace Repair Services
If you are caught with an unresponsive furnace, you can’t always wait for a nine-to-five heating repair company to come out and look at your furnace! Moore Mechanical offers 24/7 emergency heating repair services! Call 925-307-6479 for immediate furnace service!
Most Common Furnace Repair Issues
Our NATE-certified furnace repair techs can diagnose any furnace problem. You get the benefit of our training and experience! We repair gas, electric, and propane furnaces. Here are some of the furnace repair problems we see most often:
- Furnace won’t start – If your furnace won’t kick on, first check your thermostat. Is it set correctly? If it is, but the furnace still isn’t operating, the issue may be caused by:
- A malfunctioning pilot light
- A tripped or broken circuit breaker
- Blocked gas or propane flow
- Furnace isn’t warming up like it should – Again, check the thermostat first. If it seems to be okay, the problem may be:
- Leaky ductwork
- The furnace filter needs to be changed
- Unbalanced airflow through your home
- Furnace is making unusual noises – Loud, unfamiliar noises always mean trouble. Is your furnace:
- Making a loud racket when it turns on? This can indicate a defective inducer motor, dirty condenser, or delayed ignition. But sometimes it can mean that your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. A cracked heat exchanger can cause a serious carbon monoxide risk. Call Moore Mechanical ASAP if this is happening.
- Rumbling during operation? This is usually a sign of dripping or burning oil. This is another carbon monoxide hazard.
- Buzzing, creaking, or screeching? This usually means that a broken or loosened part is spinning around in your furnace.
Furnace Safety and Carbon Monoxide
When a furnace is properly cleaned and maintained, it poses little risk of releasing unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. However, nearly every furnace is capable of emitting this deadly gas. To keep your family safe, we highly recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector and alarm in your home. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these carbon monoxide safety measures. If you ever have a question about carbon monoxide, please call us.
Our Furnace Repair Process
- Schedule the best time possible to fit your schedule (morning or afternoon). Early morning, late evening, and Saturday appointments are available upon request.
- Upon arrival, our friendly NATE-certified technician will discuss the problems you are experiencing and explain the steps they will take to diagnose the problem.
- Once the problem is discovered, our technician will discuss your repair options and costs for those repairs. Remember, all repairs are guaranteed to stay repaired for a full year!
- In the event that your system needs a more extensive repair, our technicians are ready to provide you with a written repair quote or discuss equipment replacement options.
Gas & Electric Furnace Service in Dublin, CA
In order to assist the Dublin community and other surrounding communities, we conveniently offer a wide range of services for your gas or electric furnace. In addition to emergency repair service, our team provides:
Our Techs are NATE-Certified
What does NATE-certified mean? NATE (North American Technician Excellence) is the nation’s largest independent, third-party non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration technicians. NATE-certified technicians like the ones at Moore Mechanical are skilled professionals who have proven their industry knowledge by passing specialized NATE certification tests.
Unlike most companies, our NATE Certified technicians are trained to look at the system as a whole, not just the immediate problem. We are then able to let you know what the repairs are and offer suggestions to make your system run better and more efficiently, a benefit our customers greatly appreciate. Our trucks are well equipped to repair any brand air conditioning system you may have.
And the best part is: All repairs are guaranteed in writing to stay repaired for a full year!
Why Choose Moore Mechanical for Furnace Repair?
With our 30-plus years in the HVAC business, combined with continual training in technical and operational advances, we are one of the most knowledgeable heating and cooling companies in the East Bay—and we combine that expertise with remarkable customer service.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll get thorough and precise installation, service, and repairs – We promise outstanding quality in every job we do.
- You’ll get fast, reliable service – We know that service is important to you—it’s priority number one for us. Your tech will be prompt and courteous and treat your home with respect.
- You’ll get an honest opinion – We will never pressure you into getting a service or installation you don’t need. We’ll perform an accurate assessment and let you know what needs to be done and offer a range of options with information on each one.
- You’ll get education – We want you to understand what’s going on with your system and the best way to fix it or improve it. And we’ll show you ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- You won’t be overcharged – We charge what is fair and reasonable every time.
Furnace Repair FAQs
Whether you need electric furnace repair or gas furnace repair, you may have some questions. The team at Moore Mechanical is ready to answer your questions. Here are some we often hear:
How can I tell when it’s time for furnace repair?
Your furnace will show some signs when it’s time to repair it, including decreased efficiency, increased noise, unusual smells, or leaks somewhere in the system. If you’re noticing these, seek repair before the system breaks down completely.
Is repair or replacement right for my furnace?
The best rule of thumb for repairing and replacing your furnace is comparing the price of the repair with the price of replacement. If the repair is equal to half the cost of replacement, you may be better served by replacing. If not, then furnace repair may make the most sense. Working with a qualified HVAC professional will help you weigh the pros and cons of this decision.
What is a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer?
A Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer has been fully trained to work with Carrier appliances. When you need Carrier furnace repairs, you want to know that you’re working with a team that understands these systems well. You get that confidence with a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer for your furnace repair needs.
Why is a cracked heat exchanger such a problem?
A cracked heat exchanger is a costly repair, and it may even mean you need to replace your system. When the heat exchanger is cracked, it allows carbon monoxide to leak out of the system. This creates a potentially deadly situation, so you must repair the problem immediately.