Duct Cleaning in Dublin, California
Duct cleaning is one of the best solutions for improving indoor air quality in your East Bay home. Typically, we spend much of our 24-hour day in the house, up to 80 percent of our time, so a healthy air supply and proper circulation are crucial.
Having a properly maintained home air conditioning and heating system, and changing air filters often, are only part of the story in achieving healthy IAQ. Your duct system circulates conditioned air in your home, into and out of all the rooms in the house, so if ducts are dirty—so is your indoor air supply.
Benefits of Duct Cleaning for Dublin Homeowners
You’ll enjoy these advantages when you schedule professional duct cleaning:
- Healthy indoor air quality for you and your family.
- Fewer allergy symptoms.
- Less dust in the air. You may even need to clean house less often!
- Fresh smelling air throughout the house.
- Proper ventilation in the home, with a comfortable and healthy amount of airflow through each room.
- Lower energy bills.
- A more effective heating and air conditioning system, which efficiently maintains consistent temperatures.
- Greater home comfort overall.
In some cases, duct sealing or retrofitting may be necessary to achieve the above goals optimally.
How Often Should Ductwork Be Cleaned?
The frequency of household duct cleaning really depends upon the conditions in your specific home. We find the best indoor air quality in homes where ductwork is cleaned (and sealed if necessary) about every 5 to 7 years. However, there are many factors to consider when deciding on the need for duct cleaning in your Tri-Valley area home.
Signs Your Home Needs Duct Cleaning
Your home may need immediate (or more frequently scheduled) duct cleaning if:
- You or someone in your family suffers from allergies, asthma or any lung ailment.
- Children or seniors are living in the home.
- Your house was renovated recently. (Sawdust, carpet fibers, paint, solvents and more can release airborne contaminants and VOCs, volatile organic compounds, that are harmful when inhaled).
- You moved into the home recently. In this case, a duct inspection is in order to determine if you have an accumulation of mold, dust or an insect infestation in the duct system.
- Someone in the home is a smoker.
- You have pets (which means that fur and dander can accumulate in the ductwork and be continually recirculated through the house).
- You’ve experienced recent water damage to the home and/or HVAC system. (Mold growth may occur within the ducts, releasing mold spores into your home’s air supply)
You may want to consider professional duct cleaning if you notice these symptoms of dirty ducts:
- Lingering smells (from cooking, etc.) in the home.
- Air in the house smells musty, stale or feels “close”, with little airflow.
- Dust motes in the air or on and excessive accumulation on household surfaces, even though you clean often.
- Family members or visitors often sneeze, have red eyes or suffer from headaches.
- When one family member gets a cold, it seems to pass to everyone in the home, and may “go around” more than once.
Get Expert Duct Cleaning in Dublin & the East Bay Area
The quality of your duct cleaning and your resulting indoor air quality depend upon the performance of a knowledgeable, experienced and customer-focused HVAC team. When you hire us, you can depend upon duct cleaning done right.
Our advanced equipment and procedures ensure that ducts are cleared and cleaned meticulously, without dispersing pollutants into the air of your home.