The ductless mini-split is the perfect solution for Dublin homeowners with no ductwork. The cost of putting ductwork into a home not originally designed for it is prohibitive—it just doesn’t make sense. Still, a cool, air conditioned home is essential here in the California summer climate. Luckily, a properly installed ductless mini-split system will keep your house just as cool as it would be with a traditional ducted AC system, and you’ll save energy and money.
Ductless Mini-Split Advantages
- Energy efficiency: Forced-air (ducted) cooling systems can experience significant energy loss through the ducts running throughout the home. Dublin homeowners can expect lower energy bills with ductless mini-split units.
- Ideal for zoned cooling: Zoning allows you to cool only the rooms you’re using at any given time, which means you save energy and money without compromising comfort.
- Increased air quality: Ductless systems are filtered, which decreases dust and airborne allergens in your Dublin area home.
- Enhanced home safety: Window AC units can provide entry points for burglary. The only wall opening needed for a mini-split is roughly 3″ wide, for the connecting conduit to pass through.
- Quiet and compact: The AC component that makes noise is located outside your home. The small, compact indoor unit can be located out of sight inside the rooms of your house, located high on the wall, for example.
- Easy installation: Professional mini-split installation is simple and quick.
How Your Mini-Split is Installed
A variety of easy installation and set-up options are another set of advantages you’ll enjoy with a mini-split system. Professional installers will ensure that you have the right number of indoor AC units connected to a single outdoor unit.
Each indoor unit cools one room or zone of the house. Choose from location options like ceiling mounted (flush or suspended), wall mounted or floor-standing indoor units that run quietly and take up little-to-no room space.
Indoor and outdoor mini-split components are connected by a conduit that passes through a tiny opening in your wall. Running through the conduit are power wiring, refrigerant lines and a condensate drain tube.
Get Expert Mini-Split Installation in Dublin, CA
Contact Moore Mechanical for ductless mini-split installation. Call us at 925-307-6479 today!