Annual furnace maintenance is a must if you want your system to perform to the best of its ability. Usually, you should try to schedule these checks sometime between late summer and early fall. But, we know how busy life can get when fall arrives, and it’s easy to forget to call your local heating and air company. If you haven’t scheduled this year’s furnace tune-up yet, and you’re thinking you may just skip it, think again! It’s not too late get your system checked out. Plus, you don’t want to miss out on all the benefits of a yearly inspection.
Why Annual Furnace Maintenance Is Important
If you have a reliable heating and air conditioning company in East Bay, scheduling an appointment for a furnace tune-up should be quick and easy! Still, it’s also pretty easy to keep telling yourself you’ll call tomorrow. Well, here’s a reminder of why you should give yourself five minutes to call today. Getting your furnace maintenance check done will give you:
- A more efficient system – Keep your bills from going up!
- Fewer, if any, inconvenient breakdowns – The last thing you need this winter is a system that continuously refuses to work properly.
- A longer lifespan for your furnace – Your system was built to last a while, and yearly tune-ups will ensure that it does.
- Improved air quality – You want the air in your home to be cozy and comfortable, so you can breathe easy all winter.
- Peace of mind – If your furnace is powered by propane or oil, an annual maintenance check will look to see if your system is in danger of leaking harmful substances into your home.
What Does a Furnace Maintenance Check Actually Check?
Proper furnace maintenance involves a lot more than simply looking at your system. Unfortunately for you do-it-yourselfers, this is not a DIY project you can research online. It requires a professional who is licensed to do the job. An expert heating and air technician will be sure to:
- Look at the thermostat wiring and settings
- Tighten the unit’s electrical connections and check the motor voltage and current
- Add lubrication to the system’s moving parts to reduce damage-causing friction
- Check the flue, the furnace’s venting system
- Make sure the gas manifold pressure is up to par
- Clean the burners and check the heat exchanger for cracks
- Do combustion efficiency tests at the start and end of the maintenance check in order to confirm that the tune-up improved the system’s efficiency
- Check that all system controls are working exactly as they should to allow your system to run safely and efficiently
Still Need to Schedule an Appointment?
If you need a trustworthy technician to perform your annual furnace maintenance, we can help! Our technicians have provided top-of-the-line service to families in the Bay Area for over 30 years. Call Moore Mechanical today at 925-307-6479 or contact us online to make an appointment. Keep your home warm and comfortable this winter season with a furnace that’s in top shape!