Duct Sealing in Dublin, California
Your home’s ductwork exists mostly out of sight and out of mind, but it is actually a crucial part of your household HVAC system. Over time, ducts endure wear and tear damage. They can become leaky, dirty, moldy and insect-ridden. The leaky part is what we’ll discuss here.
Leaking ductwork costs homeowners thousands of dollars per year and compromises home comfort—even if you have the best AC system on the market. Contact us today for duct sealing services in Dublin and throughout the East Bay area!
Why Leaky Ducts Create Havoc for Homeowners
Since long, and sometimes complexly arranged, duct runs distribute conditioned air in your house, any loosely connected or damaged duct sections create a huge source of household energy waste. Duct sealing can save you up to 30 percent on energy bills.
Furthermore, if the conditioned air generated by your HVAC system (whether heated or cooled) never makes it to your rooms, it can appear that your AC or heating system is not doing its job–and make your home uncomfortable. In reality, the duct system is often to blame.
Benefits of Duct Sealing for Dublin Homeowners
Duct sealing advantages include:
- Lower energy costs for heating and cooling.
- Consistent home comfort, with your desired temperatures in every room.
- Better airflow throughout the house, for a fresh smell and airy feel.
- Cleaner indoor air, because debris and dust from the crawlspaces in your house cannot get into the duct system.
- With less dust in the air, you may need to clean less often.
- Increased home safety. Leaking ductwork can cause dangerous backdrafting, where combustion gases (from water heaters, furnaces, etc.) are drawn back into your living area, rather than properly routed to the outdoors. Sealing duct leakage minimizes the risk.
How Often Should Ductwork Be Sealed?
You should have your ductwork inspected every few years and when you move into a new home. This way, our HVAC techs can repair any torn, disconnected or collapsed ductwork behind your walls and seal the duct system as needed.
Signs You May Need Duct Sealing
If you notice these telltale symptoms of duct leakage at your house, call us for a duct inspection:
- Energy bills are going through the roof.
- Some parts of your house never get cool enough or warm enough, depending upon the season.
- Some rooms often feel stuffy, with stale smells and little airflow.
- Lots of dust in the home’s air and on surfaces, even when you clean frequently.
How We Inspect and Seal Your Duct System
Our HVAC team will inspect your entire duct system, ensuring it is optimized for your needs. We’ll make recommendations and a plan to correct any ductwork problems. We’ll ensure you have enough registers and grilles to ensure proper and balanced airflow, into and out of each room.
As needed, we will repair duct damage and even correct design flaws if necessary, to improve HVAC efficiency. (In some cases, ducts are installed with extra long duct runs, which tend to be inefficient and are prone to collapse or duct leaking.) Then we can add duct insulation where needed and seal your ducts to reduce energy waste to an absolute minimum.
Get Expert Duct Sealing in Dublin and the East Bay
Proper and effective duct sealing services come only from experienced and dedicated HVAC professionals. At Moore Mechanical, we are determined and well-equipped to improve your home comfort and indoor air quality with duct sealing. As with all of our guaranteed services, we do the work right the first time—and we clean up after ourselves.