Let’s Discuss Your Home Comfort NeedsGive us a call at 925-307-6479 or…
next dryer vent cleaning!
- Increase Dryer Efficiency
- Decrease Drying Time
- Prevents Potential Fire Hazards
Carrier Furnaces: Superior Performance, Superior Comfort
Whether you are caught off guard by a sudden terminal malfunction or you saw it coming for a while, the purchase of a new furnace is a major household decision. At Moore Mechanical, we believe that decision should be a well-informed one. That’s why we make it a point to give you all the information we can about the furnaces we carry.
We have been a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer since we opened in 1985—not simply because we sell Carrier products, but because we earned the privilege from Carrier by meeting their exacting standards. We sell and install Carrier heating, cooling, and indoor air quality systems because we know them to be the very best on the market today.
When you have a Carrier furnace installed, you’re making an investment in your home’s value and your family’s comfort.
Energy Efficient Furnaces from Carrier
Carrier’s gas furnaces can have Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings of up to 98.5 percent. That means that they convert 98.5 of the energy they use into heat. An energy efficient furnace can save you money on your energy bills over time.
- Infinity® Series gas furnaces – With variable-speed blower technology and a two-stage gas valve, Infinity® Series gas furnaces operate very quietly and boast high efficiency. They feature Carrier’s exclusive Comfort Fan™ technology, gives you increased control over your home’s comfort levels and energy use. A variety of other advanced features put Carrier’s Infinity level furnaces at the very top of the range. Models include condensing and non-condensing furnaces.
- Performance™ Series gas furnaces – Quiet and efficient, Performance series furnaces can be easily installed in a number of applications and spaces. Some Performance models have the ability to operate in “low mode” up to 90 percent of the time, resulting in serious energy savings while your home stays thoroughly comfortable. Several models in this range are ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Comfort™ Series gas furnaces – Carrier’s most cost-effective furnaces, models in the Comfort series can reach AFUE ratings of up to 95.5 percent. Single-stage operation and a fixed-speed blower motor come standard in every unit. All of the Comfort series models come with a 10-year parts limited warranty.
Why Choose a Carrier Furnace?
When it comes to your home’s comfort it is important to have the best heating service. Carrier furnaces create heating systems that are highly efficient. The Carrier brand also creates systems that include the most advanced technologies. This gives you a furnace that can keep your home comfortable while staying quiet and saving you money.
Carrier has been working hard to deliver the best in home comfort since 1902. Over the past 100 plus years, they have worked hard to provide solutions that meet your home’s individual needs.
If you are looking for a heating system that is both efficient and effective, then a Carrier furnace is a great choice.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Aging Furnace
When it comes to replacing your furnace you may have been holding off due to the cost. What you may not realize is that there are several benefits when it comes to replacing an aging furnace.
- Replacing an aging furnace that is no longer working efficiently can significantly reduce your energy bills.
- When your furnace starts to age you may notice it can’t keep up with your home’s comfort needs any more. A new system will keep your home warmer.
- When you have a new furnace you will no longer have to call for repairs constantly, saving you money and time.
- New high-efficiency furnaces are a lot quieter than older systems. This means you will no longer have the loud humming and thumping you may have with your older system.
- New technology means that new furnaces are built to last a lot longer, this means an upfront investment now will allow you to save money in the long run.
- Peace of mind is important when you are a homeowner. When you purchase a new furnace you have a safe system that has a warranty that you can trust to cover the most important parts of your furnace for years to come.
If your furnace is older than 10 years old you may want to consider the advantages of installing a new Carrier furnace.
Heating Systems, Energy, and Money Savings
Why go with an energy-efficient furnace? According to Carrier:
“If you have an older furnace (with an AFUE of approximately 64%), you could save a staggering 34% on your heating bills simply by replacing it with a new high-efficiency furnace—and make up the cost of replacing your old, inefficient furnace pretty quickly.”
Learn more about the benefits of installing an energy-efficient Carrier furnace by calling Moore Mechanical at (925) 307-6479.
Moore Mechanical can perform annual or semi-annual maintenances on your heating and cooling system(s). After signing up for a maintenance contract with, you will be contacted by a staff member to schedule your maintenances as needed.
Give us a call at 925-307-6479 or...
Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
An air conditioner requires regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in the air conditioners performance while energy use steadily increases. In some circumstances, some manufacturers will even void equipment warranties if they are not regularly maintained by a professional. Call Moore Mechanical today to schedule your 18 point precision tune up.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Procedure
- Calibrate Thermostat
- Clean existing filter or replace with 1″ standard filter
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearing for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operation pressures of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/Inspect contractors for burned and/or pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blades
- Clean condenser coil/ remove debris
- Inspect duct work at furnace location
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt drawn and wiring connections
Tips to Maintain Your A/C
Air Conditioner Filters
The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters. Clogged, dirty filters block normal air flow and can reduce your systems efficiency significantly. With normal air flow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coils heat absorbing capacity. Keeping the filter clean can also lower your air conditioners energy consumption by 5%–15%. We recommend that you clean or replace your air conditioning systems filter(s) every month or two during the peak season. Filters may need more frequent attention if the air conditioner is in constant use, subjected to dusty conditions or you have pets in the house.
Air Conditioner Coils
The air conditioners evaporator coil and condenser coil collect dirt over their months and years of service. A clean filter prevents the evaporator coil from soiling quickly. In time, however, the evaporator coil will still collect dirt. This dirt reduces air flow and insulates the coil, reducing its ability to absorb heat. Outdoor condenser coils can also become very dirty if the outdoor environment is dusty or if there is foliage nearby.
Clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, and the resulting excess moisture may discolor walls or carpet. Drains should be checked and cleaned as needed.
Preparing for Winter
Covering the outdoor unit of a central air conditioner will protect the unit from winter weather and debris. Moore Mechanical can get a cover for your air conditioner if