Let’s Discuss Your Home Comfort NeedsGive us a call at 925-307-6479 or…
next dryer vent cleaning!
- Increase Dryer Efficiency
- Decrease Drying Time
- Prevents Potential Fire Hazards
Air Conditioning Repair in Dublin, CA
When you need AC repair in the East Bay, don’t sweat it— call Moore Mechanical Heating & Air Conditioning! Our techs will get your air conditioning system up and running quickly. Our trucks are fully equipped to repair any brand air conditioning system you may have. And the best part: we guarantee all our AC repairs in writing to stay repaired for a full year!
Call Moore Mechanical now at 925-307-6479 for air conditioner repair in the East Bay.
Moore Mechanical’s AC Repair Process
- We will schedule service at the most convenient time for you.
- Upon arrival, our friendly NATE Certified technician will discuss the problems you are experiencing and explain the steps he will take to diagnose the problem.
- Once the problem is discovered, our technician will discuss your repair options and costs for those repairs. Remember—all repairs are guaranteed for a full year!
- In the event that your system needs a more extensive repair, our technicians are ready to provide you with a written AC repair quote or discuss equipment air conditioner replacement options.
You can rely on Moore Mechanical for service the way it used to be—prompt, friendly, and thorough. As a family-owned business, we want to do more than just fix your air conditioner. We want you to become a customer for life!
Whenever you need AC repair in the East Bay, call Moore Mechanical at (925) 307-6479!
Common AC Problems in Dublin
Most air conditioning problems are no mystery. They typically fall into one of these categories:
- Electronic failure: If an electrical interruption occurs, the sensors and controls on your AC unit can malfunction, making it impossible for the air conditioner to “know” how to operate correctly. Fortunately, air conditioning electronics issues are typically not very complicated.
- Fan or condenser malfunction: When the fan is out of order, it can’t move heat out of the unit, which can cause a lot of other problems. A broken condenser is even more serious and may lead to you having to replace the air conditioner.
- Frozen coils: When you see your air conditioner’s coils frozen over, it means there’s been an interruption or stoppage of airflow, leaving moisture on the coils to freeze. This can cause compressor breakdown, decreased cooling capacity, and other issues. Want to avoid frozen coils? Replace or clean your AC filters every three months!
- Loud or unusual noises: The banging and clattering you hear is likely caused by a belt or other part inside the unit that has worn or broken off and is spinning around. Call for service before it causes something else to break!
- Low or leaking refrigerant: Refrigerant—the chemical that cools the air within your air conditioner—should never actually be low. If it is, you either have a leak or the unit wasn’t properly charged when it was installed. Refrigerant leaks are dangerous, because refrigerant is a hazardous chemical. If you think your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant, call Moore Mechanical immediately.
- Unit cycling off and on: Called “short cycling” in the AC biz, this annoying problem can indicate a malfunctioning thermostat or that your air conditioner is too large for your home. Call as soon as possible if your AC is short cycling—it can cause your compressor to wear out rapidly, and that’s an expensive fix.
- Water leaks: Water leaking from your air conditioner usually means something inside is clogged or rusted—which could lead to more trouble.
If you notice any of these problems, or others, with your air conditioner in Dublin or a nearby East Bay city, contact Moore Mechanical right away to schedule service!
Call Moore Mechanical for AC Repair in Dublin, CA
Our NATE Certified technicians are trained to look at the system as a whole, not just the immediate problem. You can expect us to be the “eyes and ears” of your cooling system.
After a thorough check, your tech will let you know what repairs are necessary and offer suggestions to make your system run better and more efficiently—a benefit our customers greatly appreciate.
If you need AC repair in Dublin or anywhere else in the East Bay, don’t hesitate to call Moore Mechanical at (925) 307-6479!
Our Service Area
Moore Mechanical provides AC repair services to the entire East Bay of California, including all of the following cities: Alameda, Berkeley, Brentwood, Concord, Dublin, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Pleasanton, and Walnut Creek
Moore Mechanical can perform annual or semi-annual maintenances on your heating and cooling system(s). After signing up for a maintenance contract with, you will be contacted by a staff member to schedule your maintenances as needed.
Give us a call at 925-307-6479 or...
Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
An air conditioner requires regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in the air conditioners performance while energy use steadily increases. In some circumstances, some manufacturers will even void equipment warranties if they are not regularly maintained by a professional. Call Moore Mechanical today to schedule your 18 point precision tune up.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Procedure
- Calibrate Thermostat
- Clean existing filter or replace with 1″ standard filter
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearing for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operation pressures of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/Inspect contractors for burned and/or pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blades
- Clean condenser coil/ remove debris
- Inspect duct work at furnace location
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt drawn and wiring connections
Tips to Maintain Your A/C
Air Conditioner Filters
The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters. Clogged, dirty filters block normal air flow and can reduce your systems efficiency significantly. With normal air flow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coils heat absorbing capacity. Keeping the filter clean can also lower your air conditioners energy consumption by 5%–15%. We recommend that you clean or replace your air conditioning systems filter(s) every month or two during the peak season. Filters may need more frequent attention if the air conditioner is in constant use, subjected to dusty conditions or you have pets in the house.
Air Conditioner Coils
The air conditioners evaporator coil and condenser coil collect dirt over their months and years of service. A clean filter prevents the evaporator coil from soiling quickly. In time, however, the evaporator coil will still collect dirt. This dirt reduces air flow and insulates the coil, reducing its ability to absorb heat. Outdoor condenser coils can also become very dirty if the outdoor environment is dusty or if there is foliage nearby.
Clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, and the resulting excess moisture may discolor walls or carpet. Drains should be checked and cleaned as needed.
Preparing for Winter
Covering the outdoor unit of a central air conditioner will protect the unit from winter weather and debris. Moore Mechanical can get a cover for your air conditioner if